A couple weeks ago I talked about my top 5 favorite work wear brands (here), and I wanted to continue the office style conversation by sharing my comfortable office wear essentials. In my opinion, office attire is definitely the most uninspiring fashion category, but I try and find pieces that are timeless, chic, and of course, comfy!
*This post contains affiliate links. All content and opinions expressed are my own.*
Office Outfit Essentials
I literally only own a few “office wear” pieces, but by purchasing items that never go out of style, I can get away with owning the bare minimum. Here is my complete office wear wardrobe:
- Three dresses (one solid and two patterned) – I prefer sleeveless so they are breathable in the summer but I can layer with a cardigan or sweater in the fall and winter
- Three slacks (two solid traditional cut and one pattern skinny ankle cut) – I like my traditional slacks to come in neutral colors so they go with anything (I have a brown and a dark blue pair). The ankle cut are more fun and trendy but still extremely comfortable
- Blouses – the amount you need really varies. I have five long sleeve, three short sleeve, and two sleeveless. I like having a variety for layering and the different seasons!
- Sweaters & cardigans – I own three sweaters, two oversized chunky cardigans, and six regular cardigans. These provide me with enough versatility in layering, as well as layering for warmth
- Shoes – my typical work shoes include flats for daily wear, black pumps for meetings or work events and boots for fall/winter. I definitely think you can get away with three pairs, or even two if you’re not a heels girl
Comfortable Office Wear
Now that we’ve established the basic office wardrobe, it’s time to move on to my favorite comfortable office wear pieces.
My favorite comfortable office wear consists of a combo of the basics I mentioned above: a sweater, trouser pants (*coughleggingscough*), and comfy loafer slides. I love this accordion sleeve sweater (similar here and here) because it’s soft but the fabric has a nice weight to it. The sleeves also give it a feminine and trendy edge. The trouser leggings (here) are super comfortable and I love that I can wear them with flats or boots in the fall! And these loafers are one of my favorite pairs because they’re simple, classic, and comfy! They’re from Forever XXI and they have tons here!
What’s your favorite comfortable office wear look? Let me know in the comments!
Photos by Rachel Cossette