Happy Friday loves! We made it to another weekend, what are your plans? Leave me a comment and let me know! I’m going to a Beauty Summit at the Aloft Hotel this weekend, and I wanted to share a casual daytime look I’ve been loving that incorporates an evening piece – the bodycon dress. We’ve all seen women like Kim K rocking this trend (and looking damn good doing it!), but it can be tricky to style. So I want to share my 5 tips on how to style a bodycon dress for day or night!
*This post contains affiliate links. All content and opinions expressed are my own.*
5 Tips on How to Style a Bodycon Dress
- Keep your accessories minimal. Bodycon dresses are already pretty sexy, so you don’t need to overdue it with accessories. Adding a pair of heels, simple jewelry, or even a belt can be all you need!
- Find a style that makes you feel comfortable. There are lots of different types of bodycon dresses. Some will have a low back or neckline. The lengths will vary from mini to midi (or even maxi!). There are even different types of materials. I know for me personally, I need to feel comfortable in whatever I wear. That means I had to find a bodycon dress that wasn’t too revealing and had a nice fabric. This one from Zara (available here) is great because it has a square neckline and the fabric is soft and breathable.
- Pair with a casual shoe for a daytime look. I’ve really been in to that sporty look where you pair tennis shoes with dresses or jeans lately. It’s got such a laid back vibe, I’m loving it! I paired my Zara bodycon dress with my Vans (here) for a laid back, daytime look.
- Throw on an oversized sweater. I also paired this bodycon dress with my favorite oversized knitted cardigan from BP. It is literally the softest sweater ever. I feel like adding a big sweater gives a bodycon dress a very laid back “yeah, I wear strappy dresses to the grocery store” type of vibe haha!
- Add a beanie if you want to look like a hipster. Alright, maybe not necessarily a hipster, but beanies are cool, OK? I’m obsessed with this one from H&M, it’s so soft and the perfect light grey color! Beanies are also great for fall! You could totally pair a bodycon dress with tights, ankle booties, a beanie, and a sweatshirt and be fall fashion ready 🙂
What are your tips on how to style a bodycon dress? Let me know in the comments and have a lovely weekend babes!