Well I officially can’t believe it’s Hump Day again and Valentine’s Day is just around the corner! Anyone excited? I’ve never been huge on V-day, to be honest. This year I’m planning on enjoying take out, cake, and a movie haha. My hubs is actually headed out of town that Friday, so there won’t be any need for me to put together a date night look. BUT, if I was going to put something together, it would have to be this flirty floral dress. Even though it’s more of a spring/summer dress, it can definitely work for winter if you style it right!
*This post is not sponsored and may contain affiliate links. All content and opinions expressed are my own.*
Tips for Wearing Spring/Summer Dress in the Winter
- Layering: if you have something like a tank dress that you love and want to wear all year long, layer a chunky long sleeve sweater underneath.
- Tights: I’m obsessed with fleece lined leggings and tights in the winter! You can also layer an extra pair of patterned tights over the top!
- Over-the-Knee Boots: another great way to add warmth is by wearing your OTK boots. Add a pair of OTK boot socks for extra, extra warmth!
- Pair with Denim: have a flirty floral dress you love? Wear it as a tunic and pair it with your fave denim jeans!
- Double up on the Outerwear: I love wearing my leather jackets underneath an overszied camel coat. It’s chic and warm and look great too!
New Favorite Flirty Floral Dress
I recently bought this flirty floral dress at Forever XXI back when they were having a HUUUGE sale. The fun sleeves and hemline really made me think of spring. I’m also obsessed with the style, it feels very 70’s to me, espeically with the cut out details! I originally thought I wanted something that was cherry print after seeing this dress on Layers of Chic, but I must say, this pattern is sooo cute! I think this look would be perfect for a Valentine’s Day date night. It has the perfect flirty vibe, and just the right amount of red (what can I say, I’m basic LOL). I almost wish I was going to be going out for the night, but it’s OK cause Eihab actually took these photos of me, so that kind of counts, right?!
Do you already have your outfit picked out for Valentine’s Day? Or are you more low-key, like me? Let me know in the comments!!